Wednesday, January 4, 2017

A new year brings new adventures!




Hey everyone! So I know I've been teasing with the information about my text trip so without further delay, here it is!

Next summer I have the incredible opportunity to be the nanny for a precious baby, Ezekiel or 'Zeke'. I had the privilege to serve with his parents, Jack and Kelsie, in Scotland 2015.

When they asked me if I would be interested in being their nanny next summer, I could barely hold in my excitement. Throughout my years serving with Reign, I’ve met and interacted with several nannies and I’ve always had the desire to serve in that role. I love foreign missions and I love babies. Being a nanny on a royal servants summer trip is combining two of my greatest passions. After taking time to pray and seek God, I came to the conclusion that this is what He is calling me to next.

    June 5 will begin my summer with about three weeks spent at training camp and the rest of the summer will be spent overseas. As Jack and Kelsie will be serving as staff on a trip, they won’t find out which team they are assigned to until the spring. Royal Servants goes all over the world and we could be assigned to any one of them.

But no matter where we go, my mission remains the same. As the team begins ministry overseas, I’ll watch from behind the scenes. I get to be the hands and feet of Jesus in such a unique way this summer as I watch Zeke. This frees up Jack and Kelsie to lead the team well and effectively on those ministry days without having to worry about Zeke. I’ll be there to help with travel, meals, baths, naps and anything else Zeke throws our way. And let’s not forget all the playing and snuggling Zeke will need this summer as he continues to grow and learn and experience this world for the first time.

Below is a little blurb from Zeke’s parents on my role this summer:

"This will be our first summer traveling with a child. Ezekiel will be 9-11 months old while we are at Training Camp and overseas. As we began to contemplate who might best aid us in caring for our child, Beka immediately came to mind. Her devotion to Christ, her love of young children, and her commitment to discipleship made her an obvious choice for us. We have many responsibilities throughout the summer and will not be able to give Zeke the full attention he deserves but to have someone solid like Beka step in and help love him is crucial to our family and our ministry. My wife, Kelsie, and I had the privilege to serve with Beka in Scotland two summers ago. She was one of our small group leaders and her love for and commitment to her four high school girls was unmatched. We are thrilled she has agreed to serve this summer as our son's nanny. We heartily encourage you to invest in Beka this coming year, both in prayer and financially, that she might be fully funded and spiritually equipped for her ministry to our son."

    Because we don’t know what specific team we’ll be on, the cost of the trip varies. I’ll be needing around $4,000 for this trip. I intend to contribute as much as I can personally earn, however I can’t do it alone. I am seeking financial supporters who will come alongside and enable me to serve God on this trip. Therefore, I am praying for a team of 40 people who will support me with a special gift of $100. I understand that not everyone is able to make that kind of commitment, but any gift amount whether it is $5 or $50 is greatly appreciated. I also need people who will agree to be my prayer partners during the summer. Your prayer is a crucial contribution to this ministry.

Would you prayerfully consider partnering with me by being a prayer and/or financial supporter?  Please, don’t hesitate to send me any questions you may have.
   
zeke.jpg
   
I am so excited to spend the summer with this adorable little guy!



Thank you!
How to give:

Send A Check By Mail (all checks are electronically deposited) Online At  

Make your check payable to Reign Ministries. Indicate the purpose of your gift. You may write your purpose for the gift in the memo or provide other instructions on a separate sheet.
If you are sponsoring a missionary staff member or student and you know their fund number (Kopenski, Beka (P007656) , please include it. It will ensure proper processing. We will promptly return a receipt for your gift stating how your gift was processed.
Mail your contributions to:
Reign Ministries
5401 West Broadway Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55428

Online At:   https://reignministries.org/make-a-gift/

  1. Choose the box that says Royal Servants
  2. When filling out information, scroll down and be sure to find my name, Kopenski, Beka.











No comments:

Post a Comment