Thursday, May 19, 2016

Macedonia: Round Two!

It didn't take me very long to fall in love with Macedonia or the Refugees back in March. Only days into the trip and I knew that I wanted to come back.
That I HAD to come back.

And here is my chance!

July 5-20 Reign is again partnering with SEND and returning to Macedonia to work inside the Refugee camps! This time will look slightly different however, we will build relationships with adults, teens, and children through clothes distribution, games, and more! We will also be working at a shelter for refugees who are unaccompanied minors and in another location with those seeking asylum. Additionally, God is opening doors for the team to begin an educational project teaching conversational English at the camp! This is an exciting platform for serving that will help us build deeper relationships and will provide a natural opportunity to share the hope we have in Christ!

I am beyond excited to have the opportunity to return to a place that has had so much impact on my life in the short time I was there. And this time I will be there longer.

Just as in last time, with the announcement of the trip and application process, I have a short time to raise the funds needed to go. And since it is a longer trip, the cost has gone up compared to last time. (Basically has doubled)
But I fully believe and have faith that God will provide the funds that I need in His timing. That's something He's been teaching me. To trust and wait for His timing, not mine. So here we go!

My first "deadline" is actually tomorrow, Friday May 20th. It's the deadline for cheaper international airfare. After this weekend it will go up by $200. So to get the cheaper rate, I'll need $1,525 by tomorrow. And after that, I'll have till up to the day of the trip to raise the rest.
I'm up for the challenge. Are you?

These beautiful people are so desperate and hungry for the hope we have in Christ and I'm yearning to return and share that hope with them. Won't you help me make that possible?

You can help by praying.
Because I'm going to need a lot of it. And for my team also.

You can also help by donating online. I know it's last minute but hey, aren't those gifts always the best? Spur of the moment?? :)

https://www.egsnetwork.com/gift2/?giftid=158E2AC222974A3

(Just make sure that beside the amount of the gift, my name is there :) !)




No comments:

Post a Comment